As we are in the midst of the holidays, I’m a little bit short of stories of T1Ds and their glorious, comforting, joyful and loving pets. And even if you don’t have a pet at this time, you can always feel the bliss of seeing precious animals doing precious things.
This set of photos come from Jack Shepherd for Medium.com/tenderlymag in an essay called 21 Photos of Animals Completely Failing to Be Majestic, posted on 3 December 2020. Jack is formerly editorial director @BuzzFeed … and currently editor @Tenderly and writer at large. Email: JackAShepherd@gmail.com
IF YOU HAVE T1D and live with one or many pets, PLEASE share with us!!!
By the way, the pups in the feature image, from l. to r.: Hey Buddy, Poppy, Sadie, Bon Bon
Nature is full of wonders, and the splendor, variety, and majesty of the animal kingdom is a miraclethat ought to inspire reverence in even the most cynical among us, but the fact is that some of these guys just didn’t get the memo. In honor of the goofs, the dopes, and, yes, the galoots who are just as much a part of Mother Nature’s Glorious Plan as anyone else, the Comedy Pet Photography Awards has taken on the noble task of compiling and rewarding animal moments that, while they may not rise to the level of majesty, are nonetheless precious and, in their own way, wonderful.
Here are this year’s winners.
1. Three horse colleagues gossiping during a break.
2. A cat who has suddenly noticed that the world is the wrong way up.
3. A rabbit who is shocked … SHOCKED! … at your impertinence.
4. A dog who will stop at absolutely nothing to say hello.
5. A couple of out-of-towners taking in the foliage.
6. Two buddies dramatically failing to play it cool.
7. The world’s daintiest miracle-worker.
8. An aspiring Flamenco cat.
9. A dog who is pretending to be surprised …
10. A dog who is actually surprised …
11. … and a dog who is entirely unamused.
12. A cat who is so cool and casual that she’s forgotten she’s not bipedal.
13. A dog who can guard anything except his dignity.
14. A cat yelling, ‘KHAAAAANNNNN!’
15. A dog posing for his driver’s license photo.
16. Two hopelessly melodramatic old-timers.
17. A dog with a fancy new hat.
18. A cat who promised you she had quit smoking.
19. A dog in the middle of a genuinely surprising adventure.