WHAT MAKES ME CRAZY MAD?!@*^!
I thought long and hard about this.
I’m mostly living in gratitude, being amused and happy most of the time. I’d rather smile than frown. I like to laugh and giggle. That’s just me. I find the world fascinating and curious. I love the word JOYFUL!
I can, however, tip over. I often see it coming. I’ll do my best to describe it as I’m sure you will UNDERSTAND!
I work very hard to manage my health and be mindful and live well. I try to help others. BUT when I encounter barriers to getting what I need for my health, I get MAD. For example:
- Prior authorizations! My doctor chooses a course of treatment and insurance wants more documentation and precious doctor time. I trust my doctor more than I trust a pharmacy rep!
- Miscommunication between insurance and my doctor’s office. Orders and rx’s get faxed … BUT no one seems to have received it!
- It takes an hour to to reach a human being at a device company, medical supply company or insurance company, only to find out that you need another prior auth.
- Mostly, TIME! It already takes several hour s/day to manage diabetes:
- calculating dosages
- changing infusion sites or taking injections
- testing blood sugar and doing calibrations
- chasing high blood sugars
- chasing low blood sugars
- ordering and refilling prescriptions
- going to healthcare providers and local pharmacies
- and MORE!
You know! And I’m okay with that as I feel grateful that I CAN go to the doctor and I CAN get medications and devices.
Just don’t throw roadblocks in my way and waste my time and my doctor’s time.