Here’s an update on the latest requirements from Liberty Medical Supplies, after a phone call this morning from a member of the newly expanded and dedicated Medicare CGM department.
To order Dexcom G5 Kit or Receiver:
- Fill out an ABN Form (Advance Beneficiary Notice of Noncoverage) ABN FORM
- Current rx for Dexcom G5 CGM from your doctor
- Register as a customer with Liberty Medical
- NEW: Submit a 31 day log of fingerstick blood tests (minimum 4/day)! You are NOT grandfathered in, even if you have been using CGM! (I KNOW, this is CRAZY! They only want the readings, not the times!) liberty log
- You have the opportunity to receive a One Touch Ultra meter with 4 vials of test strips, if you need one.
The best way to reach Liberty without a long wait is by calling Dexcom … they can transfer you directly to the special CGM customer service.
Good luck … I’m busy filling in numbers!
Oh that is amazingly simple. Cool beans.
Thanks Rick! It is a bit strange but it looks to be a new requirement from Medicare for any coverage … just gotta show them 31 days of 4 fingersticks a day data (without reference to time of day). Not sure what that shows so we just gotta do it!