SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy Systems, 2/24/21: Lane Desborough, founder of NudgeBG
- Savvy Updates, 2/22/21: Dexcom Ventures, Printed Pancreases, Microplastics Pollution, Dr. Steve Edelman on Carbs vs. Calories
- Savvy Pets, 2/19/21: Loving Snickers and all the joy!
- Savvy Off-Topic, 2/17/21: How Does Herd Immunity Work? Gut biome & Diet
- Savvy Updates, 2/15/21: HARPA, Recharging Wearables, C-Peptide, D Neuropathic Pain