SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy Updates, 9/26/22: Medtronic Pumps & Cybersecurity Risk, Diabeloop Algorithm Increases TIR, T1D & UTIs, Moderate Diabetes Distress Even with CGM
- Savvy Updates, 9/19/22: Investor Lawsuit against Medtronic, Synthetic Human Gut Microbiome, Sex of Researcher Affects Study Outcomes, Loss of “Caring” in Healthcare
- Savvy Updates 9/12/22: Novo saves Zegalogue, Sugar Disrupts Microbiome, Cravings for Fatty Foods, DPAC Sues HHS for Copay Accumulators, Best Places for Dexcom G6 Sensor
- Savvy Updates, 9/6/22: Senseonics CFO Leaves, Beta Bionics Trial Data & RIF, Chip-free, Wireless Electronic Skin, Insulin Pill, Cognitive Benefits from Hybrid Closed Loop Systems, Sugar & Microbiome, T1D & Hypothyroidism
- Savvy Updates, 8/22/22: Vit D & Inflammation, CGM Comparisons Deep Dive Plus Newcomer Zense, OTC Hearing Aids, Evolution of Chewing