SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy NEWS FLASH, 5/24/22: Dexcom Is in Talks to Acquire Device Firm Insulet
- Savvy Updates 5/23/22: Evotec/Sernova Beta Cell Replacement Therapy for Cure to Diabetes, How Kidneys Actually Work, Neuropathy & Diabetes Fatigue
- Savvy Updates, 5/16/22: Dexcom G7 European Launch, Lilly Introduces Mounjaro, RECALL Skittles/Starburst/LifeSavers, Tattoo-like Sensors, A History of Insulin Pumps
- Savvy Eating, 5/12/22: Easy Low-Carb Breakfast Dishes, D-Friendly Sushi, Remilk – Cow Dairy Free
- Savvy Updates, 5/9/22: FDA Stops Vertex Study, Extended Wear Infusion Set, Salaries at Dexcom