SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy and Prepared T1D, 7/30/21: How to Set up Your Personal Medical Resume & Go Bag
- Savvy on Traveling, 7/28/21: CDC Guidelines, Traveling with Insulin … and more
- Savvy Updates 7/26/21: Senseonics on the rise, The Chronic Scholar
- Savvy Extra, 7/21/21: DiaTribe Musings on Science, Hope and Clinical Reality, D Neuropathic Pain, Yummy Smelling Bug Spray AND Pet Stories
- Savvy Updates, 7/19/21: Non-invasive Saliva BG Test, Lilly’s $1B Purchase of Protomer for Smart Insulin, FDA Update on D Device Approvals, Dexcom’s FDA Approval for Web API Integration with Apps, GWave Non-invasive BG