SHOT: Staying Alive with Diabetes, by Amy F. Ryan, is an intimate portrait of a young woman’s sudden transition to type 1 diabetes and a life of insulin dependence. Treatment for a routine infection one Monday morning yielded, with stunning speed, to a glucose monitor, test strips, and a life-altering diagnosis. In SHOT, Amy Ryan shows what it really takes to manage an incurable disease.
Get notified about newly published Savvy Diabetic posts.
- Savvy Looping, 10/21/20: Dr. Anne Peters … so much wisdom for anyone with T1D
- Savvy Updates, 10/19/20: Tears for Non-invasive BG Testing, GET YOUR FLU SHOT!
- Savvy Looping, 10/14/20: Drs. Steve Edelman & Rayhan Lal on Looping, Afrezza, TIR and Living with T1D
- Savvy Pets, 10/9/20: Sasha & Bentley Get a PhD in Developmental and Cell Biology!
- Savvy Updates, 10/5/2020: Abbott Libre 3, EASD 2020 Updates, Eversense is BACK, Lancets, Dr. Steve Edelman (TCOYD) and Cool T1D Tips