In early March of this year, Glenn Weber made a post to start a test group of Diabuddies. This first group has been quite successful and we believe we can used what we learned in the first test group to help roll this out to others in our T1D community.
The concept is to find a group of T1Ds that you can trust and feel safe with, who
- Understand how you manage your T1
- Manage their T1 in a similar sense of compliance
- Use or understand your devices
- In close proximity or phone accessible
- Can be available by phone
- Willing to advice/support your advocate
While it is not a “support” group, friendships are made and trust develops.